Assist teachers with monitoring of the learning center and facilitating students’ learning progress.
Education/Certification: Must meet one of the following
- A High School Diploma and 48 hours of higher education
- An Associate’s degree or above
- Successful completion of the THEA or other appropriate examination or core academic ability
- Successful completion of the Paraprofessional Educator course provided by Master Teacher
- Successful completion of Training of Paraprofessionals provided by Regional Service Centers
- 6+ months of experience working for Public or Private School.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Passion for children.
- Ability and patience to work interactively with children.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state education laws.
- Computer literate.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to learn and implement teaching curriculum software programs and instruct students on utilization.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist teacher in all areas of work.
- Assist students with academics.
- Distribute lesson plans or assign computer lessons to students.
- Grade student tests.
- Enter scores on Student Progress Records.
- Prepare congratulations slips for passed tests.
- Assist teachers in checking daily goals to ensure work is being completed.
- Motivate students for maximum learning.
- Assist in maintaining discipline in the classroom.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Inspire students with consistency, care, and interest to build students’ self-esteem, and promote further success.
- Praise students, compliment them and encourage them in order to build character.
- Utilize a variety of learning methods to enhance the students’ learning experience.
- Perform special projects, during and after normal business hours, and other duties as assigned.
- Travel as required.
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.