Job Title: Instructional Assistant Days/Status: Nonexempt, 187 Days
Department/School: Grapevine Middle School Pay Grade: IS203
Reports to: Principal
The primary purpose is to assist the classroom teacher in providing students with appropriate learning activities, instructional assistance, and intervention activities.
High School diploma or equivalent
48+ college credit, Associates degree or higher, or an approved state/local academic assessment
Previous experience in an educational environment preferred
Educational Aide Certificate is required, but may be applied for once employed.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and work with students on intervention.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher and work with individual students or small groups.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
- Assist in supervision of students throughout the school day, inside and outside classroom.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participate in meetings and training sessions as designed by District staff.
- Assist in campus duty assignments as required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Maintain emotional control under stress.
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.