Position: Instructional Designer
Length: 3 month contract to hire
Location: Austin, TX
** If interested, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org**
Want to work on a team focused on transforming Quality and Customer Experience across the enterprise? Join a team that is transforming the way we operate through cutting edge business intelligence. The Quality & VOC team leverages state of the art Nexidia Speech technology, Quality Central and NPM to unlock hidden insights. The team builds speech studies, automated quality programs, business intelligence insights and performance management mechanisms designed to support enterprise Quality, Voice of the Customer and Performance Coaching.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer for Speech Analytics, Quality and VOC programs
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Expert knowledge of learning design processes required to meet job task requirements.
- Employs detailed instructional design processes (ADDIE: Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation) to develop content using a variety of multimedia components.
- Leads learning requirements and job task analysis engagements to establish learning objectives for training programs.
- Works directly with BU subject matter experts to gather, validate and design content.
- Collaborates with other training team members to develop learning interactions or training activities leveraging Web-based learning technologies or facilitator-led activities.
- Validates and updates training content and method & procedure documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborates with experts or works independently to program curricula into the corporate Learning Management System (LMS) or other content repositories for delivery and tracking purposes. Responsible for evaluating learning program effectiveness through post-training evaluation processes.
- Ability & desire to learn multiple systems and processes quickly
- Proficient in graphic design/development programs such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash, and Captivate.
- Ability to apply Adult Learning Theory to instructional design and development methodologies
- Demonstrate Project Management skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under time pressure
- Ability to build and manage multiple partnerships and relationships at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills are needed in order to communicate with partners and students.
- Demonstrate good judgment and proactive problem solving ability and be able to constructively handle unexpected challenges.
- Must possess the desire and motivation to learn new technology.
Fast paced, start up environment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178