Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Learning Content Developer in our Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) department based out of our National Center office located in Dallas, TX!
This individual will be responsible for the development of digital content supporting ECC’s Instructor-led, eLearning, blended learning programs, websites and other digital services. Responsible for working with ECC’s Product Development, Operations, Marketing, Support as well as external vendors and partners to develop training materials using strong technical development abilities. Also, responsible for consulting and developing these digital materials with an innovative mindset, sound web content accessibility principles, and a knowledge of instructional design principals in mind. Other responsibilities will include:
- Provide digital asset development for instructor-led, online and blended learning experiences. Will build new online courses, eBooks, digital manuals and other digital assets with minimal technical supervision using writing, graphic design, branding, image editing, document formatting, animation, video, audio, e-learning authoring, web, and portal skills and tools
- Participate in needs assessment with Product Development team and Instructional Designers, design, and development of products, role-specific curriculum, and other digital services. Utilizing metrics and analytics to manage and assess deliverables and learning objectives. Work with internal subject matter experts in our Training, Support, Product Development, Instructional Design, Editorial, Marketing and Operations teams, as well as with external partners, vendors and subject matter experts to deliver outstanding training for all audiences
- Build assets and curriculum using a general understanding and applicable knowledge of ADA compliance standards and WCAG 2.1+, as well as utilizing metrics and analytics to manage and assess deliverables and learning objectives.
- Review, test new and revise digital asset offerings and supplemental materials from other team members, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement; contribute to new curriculum, program or service ideas
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience
- Experience creating instructional content for adult learning programs
- Knowledge of Web and Mobile UI/UX required (responsive)
- Experience with SCORM, LTI and ePub 3+ (experience with CMI5 desired, but not required)
- Experience with xAPI (Tin Can) or other learning analytics highly desired
- Experience with some, all or equivalents: Adobe CC, Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Adapt (Authoring Tool and/or Framework), Audacity
- Exhibits excellent organizational skills and self-motivation while working well independently and in a team setting
- Communicates clearly at multiple levels and with diverse audiences
- Multilingual highly desired
- Ability to travel up to 5% local and overnight stay
Click on “Apply for this job online” to submit your online application or “Log back in!” if you are a returning applicant. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association
Be sure to follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy #TheAHALife
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities