Ae you passionate about adult learning? Come join our team!
Our Learning Consulting and Design Team is looking for an Instructional Designer who will develop and implement world-class training and just-in-time instructional materials using the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT). Our ideal candidate will be proficient in adult learning methodologies and in creating virtual training experiences.
This role includes a comprehensive relocation package, exceptional benefits, and a flexible 9x80 work schedule (every other Friday off).
- Conduct training design analysis by reviewing existing information and procedures, interviewing employees, and recommending instructional methods, while working with subject-matter experts and organizational managers.
- Develop course design plans that include objectives and schedule, requirements, documents, and materials.
- Build learning products that blend state-of-the art workplace training approaches.
- Conduct course pilots; troubleshoot and resolve pilot comments.
- Perform quality reviews for training products to provide product quality, consistency, and conformance to the SAT process.
- Provide input for quality and efficiency improvements to courses, instructional work, training programs, training processes, and the training team.
- Provide technical support to customers. Resolve and respond to comments from customers on assigned work.
- Conduct or participate in training assessments. Lead or facilitate group sessions (e.g., seminars, workshops, table-top analyses)
- Maintain professional and instructional-related qualifications.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of adult-learning instructional design experience or Master's Degree and 3 years
- Experience designing and developing adult training experiences and learning solutions (i.e., instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, eLearning, performance support, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge and application of learning theories and instructional design models
- Experience using a systematic approach to training and learning (e.g. ADDIE)
- Basic proficiency with the following: MS Office 365, Smartsheet, Articulate Storyline, Lectora Inspire, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Camtasia, Adobe Premier, Snagit or similar screen capture, video creation/editing software
- Agile project management skills and experience
- Experience using Adobe Connect, GoToTraining, Blackboard Collaborate, or similar virtual classroom applications
- Experience in graphic design or 3D modeling
- Experience developing training for X Reality (VR/MR/AR)
- Experience using Vyond, PowToon or similar animation and motion graphic software
- Salary Grade: 190/200
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting. The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of relevant experience and skills
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy’s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation’s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world’s energy future and secure our nation’s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .