- The Instructional Designer plays an integral role in the Global Talent Management department.
- This position reports to the Manager of Instructional Design and is responsible for supporting all department instructional design projects for both franchisee facing and associate facing programs.
- Their main goal is to provide instructional design (creation/development, maintenance and enhancements of existing) to content when needed in terms of training solutions, material development/creation, making sure all training deliverables are instructionally sound, and following consistency within deliverables for the multiple audiences
Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation - 60%
- Lead and/or conduct needs analysis with business stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to translate performance objectives into effective global training solutions (i.e., synchronous, asynchronous, and blended solutions).
- Design, develop and implement new training deliverables and programs as well as maintain/update ongoing materials in a variety of formats, including facilitator/instructor-led, e-learning, virtual classroom and self- directed using Active Training and Adult Learning principles, procedural guides, instructional videos, podcasts, visual aids.
- Create facilitator and participant guides, skill exercises, role plays, and job aids for a wide variety of technical and soft skills resulting in classes with high participation interactivity.
- Provide forward thinking/visionary ideas on how to improve and upgrade training offerings and deliverables based on industry best practices for design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Partner with GTM team members (where necessary) in the instructional design, development, and evaluation process.
- Provide routine maintenance to content that requires updates in order to ensure current and accurate information in all programs is shared each time it is delivered.
- Be engaged in, open to and aware of timelines that allow for multiple avenues of content reviews where feedback and approval is provided and as a result changes may be needed.
- Engage in utilizing templates created to manage projects from ID perspective (ex: high level design documents, etc.) while continuing to look for ways to create new and/or update existing for continued development planning success.
Project Management - 40%
- Provide updates and status on all involved instructional projects and deliverables to both Manager of Instructional Design and project PM while maintaining priorities.
- Coordinate on-time successful completion of large-scale learning projects in conjunction with implementation of team members, including SMEs, stakeholders, and business partners.
- Interface with project leads (project managers) and program administrator for overall project support and logistical needs.
- Work with various regional contacts to support globalization of training curriculum.
- Work in conjunction with vendors hired to support instructional design projects as needed.
- Utilize project management tools and behaviors to drive project success such as defining project expectations, managing project risks, determining communication channels, deliverables and timeline creation and management.
- The Instructional Designer will work closely with the Manager of Instructional Design.
- The Instructional Designer will be responsible for all aspects of content development.
- The Instructional Designer has minor decision-making responsibilities. This role must be able to multi-task, maintain priority management, be open to change, have strong Instructional Design skills and provide follow up where necessary.
- The Instructional Designer has interface with WHG associates and senior leadership, franchisees, brand associates, SME's, managers, outside vendors, and co-workers and will require good future planning, problem solving/quick solutions and communication skills.
- GTM is a team environment with both local and virtual teams.
- Travel is required up to 10% to assist in review of GTM related training programs if needed.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or related field
- 2-3 years in hotel or franchising business.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in following adult learning principles; successfully designing, developing and delivering blended learning solutions on multiple platforms (preferably in a hospitality environment).
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite 2010 (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel) required; Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Experience writing effective copy, instructional text, evaluation questions, audio/video scripts, technology focused training materials and basic training manuals.
- Proficiency with other planning and productivity tools (e.g., Project, Visio) a plus.
- Strong understanding of web technologies, HTML, SCORM; and proven experience developing instructional graphics, user interface, interactions, and multimedia components using various graphics and multimedia development tools.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate and/or similar authoring software.
- Experience with WebEx (or online meeting platforms) and experience with SuccessFactors LMS highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a superb ability to communicate ideas through visuals.
- Excellent needs assessment process, planning, documentation and organization skills; strong attention to details and high standards of quality; strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and impact people not in a direct reporting role and at higher organizational levels.
- Results driven, self-starter, open to change, provide problem solving solutions.
- Enthusiasm and desire to advance self personally and professionally.
- Detail orientation.
- The Instructional Designer will work in close coordination with the Manager of Instructional Design in supporting the execution of content items (and or solutions) in as it relates to strategic initiatives.
- The Instructional Designer has minor decision making responsibilities. The Instructional Designer will not have direct reports.
- The Instructional Designer is required to maintain positive relationships with all they come into contact with and conduct themselves in a positive way when providing problem solving training solutions and in all communications.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Michael Reynolds at 347-208-8248 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 3-6 months/RTH
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option with a match after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/