Job Title: Instructional Designer / Trainer
Are you ready to help change the world? At Salsa Labs we build software to help non-profits make a difference through best in class CRM, marketing automation, advocacy, Peer-2-Peer and online fundraising tools. At Salsa, we’re not your typical SaaS company - we represent a community of more than 3,000 non-profit organizations dedicated to everything from ending hunger to eliminating nuclear weapons to providing playgrounds for children. Sound like a great place to work? It most definitely is.
As a member of our Client Success department, the Instructional Designer/Trainer will own the client training process from end to end, with a focus on outcomes-based education. He or she will identify learning needs to create self-service/self-paced e-learning curriculum, train-the-trainer curriculum, webinars, etc. The Instructional Designer/Trainer will have a background in education, particularly in adult learning, distance learning, or instructional technology, and will have experience developing eLearning models using Adobe Captivate.
- Design, develop, execute, enhance and maintain effective learning programs/trainings/curriculum that accelerate client adoption of Salsa’s products, increase bench strength, and drive business results.
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of our products, identify training objectives, and prepare presentations, examples, evaluations, solutions, surveys, labs and demos that aid our clients in learning our products
- Utilize Adobe Captivate to create training curriculum and instructional materials
- Create complex animations and interactive elements for e-learning courseware
- Upload new/modify existing courses within SkillJar LMS; manage LMS content and configure new learning programs for clients and internal staff
- Collaborate with SMEs and technical writers to continuously improve training programs and to provide an exceptional learning experience
- Work closely with other members of the Client Services team to provide insights on existing and future training tools from both observation and client feedback
- Incorporate best practices when designing surveys and measuring the effectiveness of training programs on client adoption and client success initiatives.
- Incorporate a multitude of training modes (presentations, product demos, scenario-based exercises, etc.) when developing training programs
- Design and deliver webinar trainings as needed (both 1:Many and 1:1)
- Provide continuous assessment of training needs prioritization of needs, and execution of training; evaluate training outcomes and recommend program changes
- Prior experience developing, curating, implementing and executing self-paced, web-based, e-learning programs for a technical or web-based product
- Proficiency with Adobe Captivate or other related content management system
- Experienced user of at least one leading LMS
- Minimum 2 years in client facing consultant or training role
- Bachelor's degree in field of education, adult learning, instructional design, or related field
- Experience with ADDIE or Rapid Instructional Design principles
- Proven ability in technical writing
- Exceptional writing, presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong attention to detail, but ability to see the big picture
Benefits of Working at Salsa Labs:
Aside from working with smart, passionate Salsa employees, having uncapped growth potential and an awesome work/life balance, this position includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with immediate enrollment, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, unlimited paid time-off and no dress code.
Location & Work Environment:
This position may be based out of any Salsa office. We have locations in Bethesda, MD, Austin, TX and Wexford, PA. Our culture is fast-paced, creative and innovative with a casual work environment.
EEO Statement: Salsa Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.