- Position Type:
Certified Support Services/Instr. Paraprofessional - PreK
- Date Posted:
Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary
- Date Available:
Title: Instructional Paraprofessional, Pre-K
Provides assistance with classroom organization, management, and presentation/development of classroom instruction; Works under general supervision of the instructional staff.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Pre-Kindergarten teacher and students.
- Follows the operating guidelines required by the Georgia Pre-Kindergarten program.
- Assists the teacher in the preparation of educational materials for students.
- Works individually with students and/or in small groups to help reinforce learning objectives.
- Assists with all aspects of the daily routine, including distributing and collecting supplies, keeping attendance records, and all other instructional Quality guidelines as assigned.
- Participates in lunchroom, recess, hall-monitoring, and bus duties.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining learning centers for instruction.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must pass the GACE Paraprofessional Assessment with a minimum score of 250 within 1 year from Date of Hire OR
- Must have Technical Certificate of Credit in Early Childhood Education
- In lieu of passing GACE Assessment n Associate’s Degree or above is acceptable
- Classroom experience and/or proven ability to work with children preferred.
- 0 – 1 year experience required
- Must be meet Bright From the Start requirements as indicated under "Education" above
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good organizational skills
Salary Information for 2019 - 200
$16,349 annual salary plus $3,188 non-entitled supplemental pay contingent on meeting employment criteria.
Pre-K Paraprofessionals hired for School Year 2019 -2020 reflect the State salaries for these positions. 184 Days Flat Rate.Complete Application:
- Online Application
It is the policy of the Fulton County School System not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity, or service. If you wish to make a complaint or request accommodation or modification due to discrimination in any program, activity, or service, contact Compliance Coordinator Ron Wade, 786 Cleveland Avenue, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30315, or phone 404-763-4585. TTY 1-800-255-0135.