* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-career*
The Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery has an opening for a full-time Instructor position.
The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Department of Surgery at the University of Colorado School of Medicine has a full-time faculty position (1.0 FTE) available at the rank of Instructor for a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA). Under the direction of the full-time faculty, this position provides inpatient/outpatient medical care services at the University of Colorado Hospital and its affiliates. The candidate will be expected to provide independent clinical services for wound and ostomy care patients. These duties will include inpatient responsibilities such as rounding, writing orders and discharge, and outpatient duties including patient assessment, patient education, care coordination and disease management. Close collaboration with physicians, hospital and clinic staff will be necessary. Eligibility for prescriptive authority is required.
Example of Duties:
· Evaluate and manage patient care for prevention and management of wounds. This includes obtaining a thorough history and performing an appropriate physical examination and ordering appropriate testing.
· Triage, manage, and coordinate care of patients with urgent or emergent wound complaints in conjunction with the primary physician
· Triage patient telephone calls and e-mails and provide consultation
· Provide monitoring and continuity of care for patients between physician visits
· Maintain competency and enhance professional growth and development through continuing education, conferences, and seminars
· Participate in quality improvement activities; assist in maintaining compliance with Joint Commission accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards
· Support and uphold established organizational policies, procedures, objectives related to quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control
- Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse and/or Physician Assistant in the state of Colorado.
- Meets and maintains specific requirements of the Nursing Credential Review Board (Nurse Practitioner) and the Medical Review Board (Physician Assistant).
- Must be eligible for certification with independent prescriptive authority.
- Must have or obtain Wound, Ostomy, and Continence certification within six months of hire.
- Current Wound, Ostomy, and Continence certification
- Two or more years of wound/ostomy care experience
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 18598
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for 3-5 professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.