Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
The University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
This position will develop an academic focus on bioinformatics related to Immunogenetics and stem cell biology, including maintenance and support of computer systems, software and networks for ClinImmune Labs. Working with our informatics team, the position will include oversight of enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development, database administration, server administration, website management, programming, desktop support, and help desk operations.
This position is responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed at the expert level.
The Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology has an opening for a permanent, full-time Instructor for the IT Department at ClinImmune Labs. The Instructor will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that computing systems are operating effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of ClinImmune Labs. ClinImmune Labs is a highly efficient academic business that integrates the highest quality laboratory services and products with its scholarly mission to contribute to the science of and education about stem cell therapy. The Instructor will also be required to provide education, and scientific collaboration to the research and medical community through the use of translational bioinformatics to forward research on the utilization of stem cells, histocompatibility analysis and sequencing, and computational genetics.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices and evidence a professional track record of effective technical management, information analysis, and a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software systems.
This position includes guiding and assisting with application, database, and web development and software testing, data integrations, analytics and business intelligence initiatives.
- Oversee ClinImmune Labs' IT projects.
- Provide bioinformatics and IT support to ClinImmune Labs' HLA testing lab, the University of Colorado Cord Blood Bank, St. Louis Cord Blood Bank, New York Cord Blood Bank, and the Stem Cell Processing facility.
- Support, maintain and test upgrades to proprietary Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) with MS Access and MS SQL Server databases, MS Access and Crystal reports.
- Develop and maintain automated processes to send patient data to external agencies.
- Write SQL queries and VBA modules to organize and analyze patient data.
- Author and maintain technical documentation including Standard Operating Procedures, Validations, and Verifications, to comply with FDA, ASHI, CAP, AABB, and FACT regulations.
- Develop, maintain and support MS Access databases including queries, forms, reports and VBA modules to organize and analyze data.
- Utilize best practices to collaborate and lead strategic vision and subsequent implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with staff and department decision makers to encourage improvement and adoption of new efficiencies and tools.
- Develop training sessions and provide ongoing mentoring to IT Team members, researchers, students, and rotating fellows.
- Continuously participate in educational and professional development activities, such as attending trainings and conferences and completing self-directed learning.
- Provide guidance and oversight of analytical reporting.
- Collaborate with end users and IT team members to determine requirements for reports and enhancements.
- Utilize best practices to review existing reports, recommend performance improvements and advise on the best visual representation of analytics.
- Conduct thorough data analysis efforts to provide guidance and input towards enhancements and report development design.
- Utilize configuration management and deployment tools, along with scripting/programming skills, to troubleshoot and automate work.
- Participate in and/or lead activities responsible for the design, planning, configuration, installing, implementing, maintaining, documenting, troubleshooting, and upgrading IT related services.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located atEmployee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Ph.D. in Computational Bioscience, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- A combination of education and related technical experience may be substituted for the Ph.D. on a year for year basis
- 6 years of professional level experience in Information Technology
- Proven experience managing IT infrastructure and services
- Experience working in Information Technology in a healthcare, scientific or academic environment
- Experience using MS Access and/or MS SQL Server
- Experience working in the area of virtual server support
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Experience using MS Active Directory
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze data and trends in order to produce results
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Office, and Exchange.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to identify and understand technical errors/problems/malfunctions in a system and troubleshoot the issue to resolution
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 18891
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for 3-5 professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.