Assistant/Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department (IHP Faculty)
TheMGH Institute of Health Professions invites applications for a 12-month,full-time Assistant Professor/Associate Professor position to join ourDepartment of Occupational Therapy. Candidates for this position will preferablyhave research and clinical expertise in the area of occupational therapy forchildren and youth. Participation in the department’s academic programs and theInstitute’s PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences program are expected. This positionoffers the right candidate excellent opportunities to collaborate withinterprofessional colleagues in the School of Health and RehabilitationSciences and the School of Nursing.Responsibilities include teaching and scholarship in pediatrics,supervising student research, and advising graduate students. Faculty also provide service to thedepartment, Institute, and community.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an independent graduateschool founded by the world-renowned Massachusetts General Hospital. We preparehealth professionals to advance care for a diverse society through leadershipin education, clinical practice, research and scholarship, professionalservice, and community engagement. Located in the historicCharlestown Navy Yard overlooking downtown Boston, we are part of the Partners HealthCare System (the largesthealthcare provider in New England) and recognized as A Great College to WorkFor® by the Chronicle of Higher Education for ten consecutive years.
- A minimum of 3 years higher education teaching experience
- Current occupational therapy licensure or eligibility for licensure in Massachusetts, USA
- Earned or near-completed research doctorate (PhD, EdD, ScD) in occupational therapy, rehabilitation sciences, or related discipline preferably in children and youth
- Evidence of research productivity, or potential, including publications, peer-reviewed presentations, grant funding
- Evidence of student mentorship
- Evidence of strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
Primary Location MA-Charlestown-MGH IHP
MGH IHP (MGHCharlestownIHP)
36 First Avenue