CEHE Job Description
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in variety of disciplines including: Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Medical Specialties, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
Duties include teaching the entire range of appropriate courses from beginning to advanced. Students in these classes are preparing for Associate and/or Bachelor degrees. Basic duties will involve instruction, tutoring, student advising, and some curriculum development. The instructor is responsible for the retention of students from the beginning to the end of the module.
· Conduct classes in accordance with established syllabi and lesson plans.
· Prepare, administer and grade assignments, quizzes and tests.
· Provide objective and subjective feedback regarding student performance.
· Maintain records of student attendance, grades, lab, and/or homework assignments.
· Advise students regarding academic matters to improve successful course completion.
· Communicate pro-actively with campus administration regarding student issues.
· Ensure campus and college regulations and policies are known and followed.
· Maintain a healthy, secure, and safe classroom environment.
· Participate in scheduled faculty meetings and in services.
· Report Preparation.
· Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
· A current working knowledge of all theory and practical applications for courses being taught.
· Communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and through appropriate electronic media.
· Work successfully in a team environment.
· Hold the appropriate degree for courses being taught, as stipulated by ACCSC.
· Additional specific requirements listed below where appropriate
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
· Programming experience
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in the field.
· Must be knowledgeable in computer networking, operations, and programming.
· Teaching/training experience preferred.
Measures of Merit:
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions given this title, and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at CEHE.
We are People-Focused -We respect the intelligence and potential of each staff member. We provide a working environment that permits freedom to think, speak, disagree, innovate, create, and initiate. We value and admire ambitious and productive people, and we protect them, encourage them, and create a climate in which they flourish. We love, recognize, and reward producers and performers. In return, we require our employees to have a strong work ethic and be productive. We recruit broadly, and select the highest caliber people available - ambitious, knowledgeable, and talented managers, instructors, admissions consultants, and administrators.
Sound Values and Virtues -The ethical conduct of our employees is of supreme importance. We hold the following as values and virtues: rationality, purpose, innovation, productiveness, profit, honesty, integrity, justice, and pride. These values are the core of our ethical code. To be ethical means to apply, to work by, and to live by these values and virtues.
CREDO -We are dedicated to helping our students graduate and get a much better job sooner. This is our mission. We pledge to provide the finest career education possible and to graduate satisfied students who have greater knowledge, skills and self-esteem in the shortest possible time. Our education is high value, clear, and interesting and achieves the highest level of learning and achievement for students. We want to deliver twice as much in half the time.
CEHE is a drug free environment and we perform drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer -We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation. We are constantly striving to make our colleges the best they can be. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect a commitment that you will be the best you can be.