This is responsible professional work in providing instruction for students in the Firefighter Minimum Standards Certificate Program sponsored by Florida SouthWestern State College School of Health Professions in partnership with the North Naples Fire Control and Rescue District.
Reinforces clinical skills in patient care, laboratory, fieldwork and/or simulation education settings.
Ensures similar quality experiences in all clinical settings and works closely with the Coordinator of the Firefighter Program.
Maintains effective and frequent communication with the Coordinator by attending meetings as scheduled.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Holds and maintains a minimum of the Florida State Certified Firefighter II and Florida Fire Service Instructor I certifications.
Substantial full-time professional experience as a Florida State certified firefighter with advanced training in Fire Service Instruction.
Proficient of health information management and technology skills, related to the discipline''s
Commitment to professional development.
Familiarity with clinical facility policy and procedures.
Demonstrated experience using a personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks and priorities.
- Gather and analyze data, reason logically and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret and apply laws, rules, standards and procedures pertinent to the professional operations.
- Exercise discretion and good judgment at all times and in all contexts and maintain client confidentiality.
- Work effectively with all constituencies of the College.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other''s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College''s standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds.
Environmental: Normal general office.
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills.
Florida SouthWestern State College is committed to providing an educational and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. All programs, activities, employment and facilities of Florida SouthWestern State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or veteran's status. The College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution.