Examples of Work Performed:
- Provide home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP program.
- Adhere to nursing process and the NFP model of home visitation.
- Carry a case load of up to 20 clients.
- Serve as a clinical preceptor for BSN level nursing students during home visits and care conferences.
- Support policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- As requested/required, participate in community coalition and advisory board activities in support of the NFP.
- As requested/required, promote public awareness of the NFP.
- Develop and maintain community relationships to support client referrals.
- Maintain current CPR certification for adults, children, and infants.
- Complete all required NFP education.
- Attend and participate in DANCE training.
- Develop therapeutic relationships, utilize concepts of reflection and motivational interviewing with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
- Perform home visiting in accordance with the NFP Model Elements and NFP Visit-to-Visit guidelines.
- Follow nursing process in implementing NFP into nursing practice.
- Assess physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains.
- Assist women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provide education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals.
- Consult and collaborate with other professionals involved in providing services to women and families.
- Formulate nursing diagnosis based on nursing assessment and client goals and evaluate client progress toward stated goals and NFP outcomes.
- Plan home visits in accordance with client goals and NFP outcomes.
- Actively engage in professional development to meet all NFP Nurse Home Visitor competency requirements.
- Utilize reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
- Attend and participate in case conferences and team meetings.
- Provide information to support staff for timely and accurate data input to the NFP performance management system.
- Participate in quality improvement efforts.
- Understand, support, and coach others in the NFP vision, mission and model, representing the NFP vision, mission and model in actions and verbally to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Directly teach and evaluate nursing students in the clinical setting.
- Coordinate with lead faculty of clinical courses to design and schedule student experiences.
- Attend faculty meetings at the request of department chair or dean.
- Travel to Denver for all face-to-face education sessions.
- Perform related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Document appropriately
- Assist in creating a positive work environment that promotes inclusiveness, productivity, mentoring, teamwork and cooperation
- Elicit and consider differing viewpoints when analyzing issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, maintaining clear, effective, open, honest communication with both internal and external customers and colleagues, creating, maintaining and supporting a safe environment for open discussion
- Maintain confidentiality
- Seek and respond appropriately to feedback
- Basic computer skills
- Able to travel within El Paso and Teller Counties for home visits, Denver for training
The Helen and Arthur E Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs is a distinguished and innovative college providing excellence in education, scholarship, and practice in the health professions. The college currently serves ~1400 students (80% undergraduate and 20% graduate) through its programs in the Department of Nursing, the Department of Health Sciences, and the Department of Human Physiology and Nutrition.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 10,200 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. Colorado Springs, (pop. 450K) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness/new-employee
Total compensation includes salary plus health, retirement, and non-cash compensation. Information on calculating total compensation can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/node/153125.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigation includes a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for those with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Registered Nurse with active Colorado nursing licenseor a licensee of the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC)
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing or health related field within 60 days of hire
- Current BLS
- Valid driver's license and insured automobile
- Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing
- Home visiting experience