As an Instrument & Electrical Technician role is an independent, hands-on role. Ensure the electrical, mechanical, and chemical re-refinery equipment and instrumentation are functioning properly and optimally. Perform instrument checks, calibrations and, working with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC), make necessary adjustments. Diagnose problems in control circuitry and respond to and assist with requests from the electrical and maintenance departments.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots underperforming and malfunctioning refinery instruments and controls
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and calibrations using manufacturer’s manuals and electronic testing equipment.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records and logs.
- Ensure parts inventory is sufficient to eliminate unnecessary downtime.
- Installs cabling, power distribution systems, motor control centers, service and replace motors, lighting, and perform general electrical maintenance work under direction of an electrician as necessary.
- Performs on-call work during off-hours as necessary.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years of industrial experience required
- 1-3 years or refinery of chemical plant experience preferred (will consider education in lieu of experience)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment required
- Demonstrated proficiency with process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and PLC tools required
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb tall ladders
- Will consider offering relocation package
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.