Job Req ID: 205955
Position Number: 00164510
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: FT
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Sterile Proc/Distribution
Location: Atrium Health Pineville
Location Details: Atrium Health Pineville
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Accountable for surgical instruments needed for cases within six service line specialties. Decontaminates, assembles, inspects, packages, sterilizes, stores, distributes, and tracks instruments using quality and infection prevention standards. Trains peers on complex instrumentation, serves as a preceptor and informal educator. Serves as a shift lead in the absence of a supervisor or coordinator.
- Adheres to safety standards.
- Transports and handles soiled and sterile items with appropriate traffic flow. Identifies, responds & reports malfunctions and/or alarms.
- Performs efficacy and quality testing for all processes and equipment.
- Operates and trouble shoots equipment with safety standards.
- Identifies manual and/or mechanical cleaning according to the manufacturerï¿½s IFU for all general, laparoscopic, robotic, orthopedic, neuro, plastics, dental, cardiovascular, ophthalmologic, power, implant, loaner instrumentation.
- Performs flexible scope processing utilizing High Level Disinfection (HLD).
- Determines, prepares, and uses supplies required in the assembly process.
- Identifies, inspects, assembles for all general, laparoscopic, robotic, orthopedic, neuro, plastics, dental, cardiovascular, ophthalmologic, power, implant, loaner instrumentation checking for cleanliness & functionality utilizing count sheets.
- Packages and labels instrumentation following standards.
- Knowledge of weight limits on sets and equipment within department.
- Knowledge of how to handle vendor owned items (loaner, consignment).
- Determines sterilization equipment functionality, operation, monitoring, and maintenance with verification and documentation of sterilization process.
- Performs high temperature (steam) and low temperature (gas plasma, ethylene oxide, chemical) sterilization.
Works in-patient care areas independently under stressful conditions. Continuous standing and walking; bending and/or stooping; reaching and/or stretching; pushing and/or pulling heavy loads. Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of 5 years experience and demonstrated proficiency in at least 6 service line specialties required. Certified Sterile Processing Technician (CSPDT) / Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) required. Certified Surgical Instrument Specialist (CSIS) / Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) preferred. Membership in a professional central / sterile processing organization preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer