Job Req ID: 225041
Position Number: 00078998
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: FT 2nd Shift
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Sterile Proc/Distribution
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Demonstrates basic knowledge in the areas of decontamination, prep and packing, sterilization, sterile storage, and patient care.
- Adheres to safety standards.
- Identifies manual and/or mechanical cleaning according to the manufacturerï¿½s IFU for all general instrumentation.
- Determines, prepares, and uses supplies required in the assembly process.
- Identifies, inspects, assembles general instruments, checking for cleanliness & functionality utilizing count sheets.
- Packages and labels instrumentation.
- Safely operates sterilization equipment and perform verification and documentation of sterilization process.
- Performs high temperature (steam) and low temperature (gas plasma) sterilization.
Works in-patient care areas independently under stressful conditions. Continuous standing and walking; bending and/or stooping; reaching and/or stretching; pushing and/or pulling heavy loads. Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Certified Sterile Processing Technician (CSPDT) or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) required within 2 years of hire.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer