Welcome to St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital!
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness. Since 1974, we have been leading with our hearts as we serve the people of Camarillo, California. St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital is an 82-bed acute care facility with an additional 99-bed extended care unit. We offer a full range of services, including an advanced Wound Healing and Oxygen Therapy, comprehensive Cancer and Oncology Services, nationally-recognized Cardiovascular Services, a Surgical Weight Loss, and a Regional Spine Center.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world begins with the way we treat our employees. We believe that giving something forward to our patients, and to each other, can make such a difference. We have been awarded the “Ventura County Family-Friendly Employer,” and experience very low turnover rates. We are located near the foothills of Camarillo, affording residents easy access to everything the Strawberry Coast has to offer, from limitless outdoor recreation to wine country to all the culture and entertainment Los Angeles has to offer just a short drive south. We invite you to join us in delivering humankindness to a wonderful community, and together we can change lives.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Instrument Tech supports and promotes the provision of quality patient care by cleaning, processing and sterilization of instruments and surgical trays. SPD was established to centralize the decontamination, sterilization, assembly, distribution and control of sterile items, non-sterile items and equipment used in all areas of the hospital. By centralizing these activities, it is possible to provide more effective and efficient service. The overall objective of SPD is to have the right item, at the right place, at the right time, in the right condition. This position is represented by SEIU, Local 399 and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement. KEY WORDS: INSTRUMENT TECH, HOSPITAL, SURGERY
- Must have a High School education or equivalent.
- National Certification held current and in good standing. Must hold a current certification from one of the following organizations:
1) Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution Inc.
2) International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material.
- Friendly, courteous, cooperative, team oriented, proactive attitude, problem solving skills and detailed accuracy are all required skills.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Six to twelve (6-12 months) of related experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Acquire and practice thorough knowledge of the principles of aseptic technique when carrying out various functions in the Sterile Processing Department.
- Participate in on-going inservices training and on the job training
- Demonstrate ability to follow exact procedures for every assignment.
- Ability to successfully perform arithmetic computations in determining the amount of supplies needed, issued and returned.
- Able to work independently without close supervision.