The purpose of this job is to assist with Band and Orchestra Instrument testing and demonstrations at local elementary and middle schools as part of recruiting and rental events.
* Temporary part-time seasonal work with flexible scheduling: end of July through September with majority of events occurring in August and early September. Potential for hire on through October.
Essential Functions (not all inclusive):
* Assist with band and orchestra instrument testing and demonstrations at local elementary and middle schools.
* Candidate must be able to perform on band and/or orchestra instruments and assist students with producing basic sounds on instruments.
* Position will require some assistance with transport, setting up, and tearing down displays of instruments. Some minor lifting is to be expected.
* Perform on band and/or orchestra instruments and assist students with producing basic sounds on instruments. 80%
* Instrument testing/demonstrations
* Assist with setting up/tearing down displays
* Additional duties as assigned.
Music & Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Performance/teaching experience on a wind or string instrument; basic skills/comfort with instrument families (ie: woodwinds, brass, strings). Maintains basic instructional pedagogy.
* College degree in music/music education preferred. Candidates currently enrolled in a college music program are acceptable.
* Candidate must be 18 years or older with a valid state ID. Candidate will be required to complete a background check.
* Candidate must be willing to travel locally.
* Standard office and computer equipment including MS Office software.
* A valid gmail account to access online calendars and schedules.
* All instruments and accessories needed to perform duties will be provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled