Titan America, LLC has an immediate opening for a Quarry Maintenance Electrician for our Pennsuco Quarry Aggregates Division in Medley, FL. This wage non-exempt position is assigned to the Electrical Department and will report directly to the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor. The Electricians are responsible for all electrical/control and instrumentation systems of the Pennsuco Aggregates Plant and Draglines. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow all company and legislated rules and policies, safety and otherwise.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Develop strong customer relationships.
- Troubleshoot and repair of power and control systems.
- Install, troubleshoot & calibrate industrial instrumentation. Instrumentation includes, but not limited to pressure and temperature transmitters, weight-feeders, analog and digital indicators, electromechanical actuators and gas analyzers.
- Preventive maintenance of power, control and instrumentation systems.
- Inspect and identify possible problems on electrical equipment.
- Participate in installation and commissioning of electrical equipment.
- Preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of Medium and High Voltage distribution switchgear and electrical substation (230 kV, 13.8 kV and 4.16 kV).
- Installation, testing and starting of Medium Voltage and low voltage electrical motors.
- HV Switch gears.
- MV - synchronous and induction motors
- LV - induction and DC motors.
- Shift rotation, extended hours, weekends, holiday as required by the business.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and safe manner. Report all safety and operational concerns.
- Perform all tasks as directed by the supervisor or lead person. Alternate duties may include shoveling, washing, housekeeping, or maintenance activities when directed.
- Must be willing and able to train to operate other equipment and to perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead man.
- Ability to read and interpret ladder logic diagrams, logic diagrams, process flow diagram, electrical schematics and equipment manuals.
- Solid knowledge of electrical theory.
- Skilled in use of basic electrical testing and measuring instruments.
- Able to use PCs running Windows operating system.
- Basic troubleshooting and operation of PLCs and VFDs.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and related safety practices.
- Safety conscious work ethic always for the protection of self and all others in the work area.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak, read and write the English language preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Able to speak, hear, walk, kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Capable of working in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks properly and in a timely manner.
- Available to work days, nights, and weekends as directed by management.
- Positive attitude to achieve goals and deliver results individually and in a team environment.
- Maintain a current Florida Driver’s License and a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
Must be able to work day shifts, afternoon shifts, night shifts, swing shifts, weekends, and overtime as directed.
- High school graduate, supplemented by appropriate technical or vocational schooling, 5 years’ experience or 2 years electrical or electronic degree and 3 years’ equivalent work experience.
- MSHA Surface Electrical License required within 18 months of hire date.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E, NEC and CFR 30 Part 56
- Experience working with three-phase power, 480 VAC and higher.
- Medium and High Voltage experience a PLUS.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of limestone quarry operations preferred.
- Prior heavy equipment experience in a construction or mining environment preferred.
- Knowledge of heavy haulage equipment preferred. Ability to comprehend and apply training provided, especially related to off-highway haulage.
- Technical/Vocational school training is a plus. Welding and cutting experience preferred.
Success begins with hiring the right people to partner with us as we grow and develop our businesses. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years. Learn more about us at www.titanamerica.com.
Titan America is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Three‐Year Recently Separated Veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, or other protected status.