Install, repair, maintain, calibrate instruments and test equipment used to control & measure variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, motion, force and chemical composition. Work on utility electrical system including motors, lighting panes, motor control center and automated systems.
•Monitors and inspects testing equipment and other instrumentation throughout the plant facility on a scheduled basis or as needs arise. Corrects control loop performance issues making minor adjustments or tuning.
• Disassembles and examines malfunctioning instruments and test equipment, such as bar graphs, electrical ovens, multi meters, environmental cabinets to test for defects. Replaces or repairs defective parts. Reassembles and tests equipment for conformance to specifications.• Continuously identifies problem areas and suggests plans to optimize performance regarding installation, hardware, software and/or process issues in close cooperation with production.• Performs or monitors installations of new instrumentation and ensures conformance with Cabot and industry standards. Aligns newly installed equipment to conform to special (R&D) testing needs.• Participates in scheduled safety meetings and completes safety training requirements.• Provides technical support on capital projects to ensure that plant standards are followed and reliable equipment is installed.• Keeps working area safe & clean.• Responds to call-outs and overtime when required.• Maintains craft specific training and certifications as required.• Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Certificate/degree from college or technical school for instrumentation or electrical trade.
- 10 years of industry experience in instrumentation or electrical field
- Strong instrumentation aptitude
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on various types of equipment
- Understanding of PLC equipment and Honeywell DCS equipment a plus
About the Company
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company provides customers with a variety of products including rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel, security materials and elastomer composites.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.