An Agent Sales Associate directly contributes to the growth of an agency though solicitation of new business, discovery of cross-selling opportunities, and retention of existing clientele. Through the mentorship of their Agency Owner, the Sales Associate will learn to develop their own referral networks, and targeted marketing strategies in order to produce a profitable book of business.
Core job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Solicit new business through calls and face-to-face interactions
- Develop a core referral network and targeted marketing strategy
- Successfully pivot to additional lines of business
- Sets and holds appointments with clients
- Actively collects expiration dates for future sales opportunities
- Effectively field underwrite and secure quality business for the agency
- Maintain knowledge of new products and initiatives, and pursue a program for product specialization
- Meet production goals set by the Agency Owner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Here, we promote a winning office culture through team work, effective communication, and collaborative goal setting. We offer competitive compensation, as well as other incentive based pay dependent on performance at both the individual level, as well as team level. Sales Associates have the potential to make unlimited income, but must possess the ability to work hard, be persistent, and always be willing to further their sales education and development skills.
- Current and valid insurance license or eligible for licensure
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and driven to succeed
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Team player with ability to manage others effectively
- Attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Reliable transportation
*This position is offered through an independent contractor representing American National and is not a contract or offer of employment with American National.