With a firm commitment to the excess and surplus lines marketplace, Bass Underwriters provides insurance programs necessary for independent agencies or groups of independent agencies to obtain quality service from their brokers.
Our team is currently seeking insurance call center professionals to answer incoming calls from customers, underwrite and rate accounts within carrier guidelines, troubleshoot problems and provide information, and providing exceptional service to our clients. The hours for this position will be 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer a high volume of inbound service calls
- Gather information from agents to assess their individual service needs
- Rates business according to company underwriting and pricing guidelines within individual underwriting authority limits, and ensures standards for timeliness are met.
- Develops on-going relationships with agents, monitors profitability and quality of submissions, and keeps agent up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes.
- Establishes types and limits of coverage to be provided.
- Calculates standard rates and premium charges by using approved formulas and tables.
- Ability to cross sell products
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of E&S commercial lines products preferred
- Ability to handle more complex accounts with some guidance from Underwriter
- Call center experience preferred
- Computer competencies
- Problem analysis, resolution with the ability to multi-task
- Strong customer orientation, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with a commitment to company values