LOS ANGELES - INSURANCE LITIGATION COUNSEL
We are seeking qualified candidates for a counsel position with our Insurance and Reinsurance Dispute Resolution, Coverage and Claims Practice Group. The position will be based in our Los Angeles office. Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of prior associate-level or staff counsel experience in insurance litigation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, and an ability to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required;
- Knowledge of federal and state court practice, experience preparing answers, motions and other routine filings,
- Significant case management experience.
Candidates for counsel positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Counsel are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis in pleadings, memoranda, and other written documents;
- Draft pleadings and other case documents;
- Attend hearings throughout Southern California;
- Manage matters from commencement to final resolution;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associates and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Familiarity with and ability to prepare basic litigation documents;
- Familiarity with federal and state court procedural rules and practices;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Strong negotiating skills.
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in California.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Recruiting / Account Management