Job Title: Insurance Referral Specialist (Hanover, PA)
UPMC Pinnacle has a vision for a healthier community. That is why in everything we do; our goal is to meet or exceed the expectations of our patients and their families. As a leading employer in the region, UPMC Pinnacle strives to attract and retain talented, compassionate people who share this same vision. There are many benefits in becoming an employee at UPMC Pinnacle:
- Career ladder and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Competitive wages and benefits
The Insurance Referral Specialist is responsible for coordination of the referral process within the outpatient sites. Responsible for coordinating specialty referrals and diagnostic testing for outpatient facilities. Pre-certifies diagnostic testing, as required by patient's insurance. Educates the patients on various policies, procedures, and benefits, related to the need for referrals. Coordinates referrals with patients and specialist's offices, and process insurance referrals as required. Acts as a liaison between patient, physician, and insurance company, consistently performing activities in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- High school graduate.
- Medical Secretary or Receptionist with two to three years' experience in a physician's office or out-patient facility.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records/Electronic Health Information systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, and ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of insurance companies, guidelines and requirements, authorization, and referral process and websites.
- Familiar with Windows software, Word, and Excel and Outlook.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are extremely important.
- Must possess strong organization and communication skills and be able to work independently and within a team.
- Experience in a primary care or specialty office is preferred.
Insurance, Verifications, Authorizations, Referral
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered healthcare services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. Its more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals and approximately 11,000 employees serve a 10-county area at outpatient facilities and eight acute care hospitals with 1,360 licensed beds: Carlisle, Community Osteopathic, Hanover, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lititz, Memorial, and West Shore. The not-for-profit system anticipates caring for more than 1.2 million area residents in FY 2018. For more information, visit www.UPMCPinnacle.com.