The Career Basics
Being an intern at COUNTRY Financial means ongoing professional growth and learning for you, and has the potential to last a full year with a job offer at the end. As a sales intern you will learn alongside our COUNTRY Financial representative(s) what it means to be an insurance agent and run your own business someday by doing the same type of work as them! The work we do makes a big impact on the local community as we help our customers achieve financial security no matter where they’re starting from. You will:
· Assist representative(s) and work with our marketing department to develop and initiate marketing campaigns to prospects and current clients through various avenues including events, social media, digital/print advertising and others.
· Spend time networking within various organizations, charities, individuals to help build up long term referral sources for your business and help the community.
· Support in creation of recommendation proposals to new and existing customers with representative(s).
· Handle policyholder questions, escalate complaints, and change general information on existing policies as needed.
· Schedule and prep for customer appointments in partnership with your mentoring representative(s).
· Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Our ideal intern is:
· Active in his/her community and/or student organization(s) and has a passion for helping others
· Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, interested in owning/operating his/her own business in the future
· Experienced in Marketing or sales through schooling and/or other work assignments.
· Local to area and intends to stay local post-graduation
· Intending to graduate in May 2020 and is currently pursuing a BS or BA degree from a four-year institution
What You Will Need
You will be required to obtain your state insurance licenses before your start date at COUNTRY so your internship can be focused on real work activities. We will guide you in how this process works:
· Property/Casualty State Insurance License
· Life/Health State Insurance License
Why Should You Apply?
· You can make a difference in people's lives and are there for them when they really need you
· You can learn what it means to run an insurance sales office and potentially join us full time post-graduation!
· COUNTRY Financial is an organization that is trusted and well-respected in the industry, with a history of success and great ratings.
· See for yourself on social! #LifeAtCOUNTRY
COUNTRY Financial® is the trade name for a family of affiliated companies—this means we have a whole family of support and a large backing. Our roots are in agriculture, so we’re hardworking and known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike.
We are a growing insurance and financial services organization privately serving 19 states across the nation. Our home offices are in Bloomington, IL, with a Southern Office hub in Alpharetta, GA and a Western Office in Salem, OR. Most importantly, we serve over 1 million households in the United States and pride ourselves on putting the customer first.
COUNTRY Financial® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment and support a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment.