Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Property and Casualty specializes in four major types of insurance: Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Condominium, Renter’s and Flood. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.FAPCIG.com.
Responsible for quoting and securing sales of First American Property and Casualty Insurance Agency. Build relationships and maintain a base of Property & Casualty clients through access to leads from a captive source. Primary role is closing sales and achieving set quotas.
Requires active Property & Casualty license.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Conduct personal insurance reviews in efforts to retain business and cross sell policies
- Determine customer needs and requirements and recommend solutions
- Close sales and achieve set quotas
- Maintain consistent knowledge of P&C products, underwriting guidelines, and pricing
- Keep abreast of industry, contract coverage and limits, processes and procedures
- Establish and maintain relationships with lead source affiliates
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate to both external and internal customers
- Customer service skills; able to identify and communicate options
- Persistent, resilient
- Organizational skills – multi-tasking, prioritizing and follow up
- Proficient with company operating systems
- Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible to changing schedules and demands
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient/advanced technical capabilities including Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Establishes effective working relationships at the work group level
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Active Property & Casualty license required
Typical Range of Experience
- 1-3 years licensed agency experience
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.