This position is currently located in Westlake near Barton Creek Mall on S Capital of Texas Highway. The position will be relocating to our new Headquarters building in North Austin towards the beginning to mid-2020. The location will be in Research Park and is located near Oak Knoll & 183.
Schedule: Full-Time availability to work 40 hours per week during the business hours between 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday through Friday, with the ability to adjust your schedule based on client needs.
We are seeking an ambitious Insurance Specialist that will grow our UHCU Insurance Services, LLC insurance agency. This position will be responsible for the production of new insurance agency business while providing ongoing exceptional service to our existing members/clients. This position offers highly incentivized earnings (no caps or commission limits) for someone who is goal-oriented. This position requires the ability to build rapport with our members to truly understand their needs and match them with the best solutions.
You will be responsible for developing leads, scheduling appointments, identifying client needs, and marketing appropriate products. You should have experience working with multiple, independent carriers and be proficient in most Texas policy coverages. You must have an active Property & Casualty License in the State of Texas.
As an Insurance Specialist at UHCU you will get to:
- Prospect, develop, solicit and follow up on business from UHCU members and others. Develop and manage an active pipeline of qualified prospects.
- Maximize insurance agency growth through the execution of marketing strategies to compete with other individuals and companies selling similar products.
- Coordinate UHCU office/lobby scheduling with appropriate staff. Maintain a strong working relationship with UHCU staff in assigned areas of operation in order to close inbound sales from leads generated through UHCU branch staff.
- Develop business via attendance at local networking and community events and developing UHCU relationships.
- Pursue new client relationships and opportunities outside the UHCU environment; generating leads from personal contacts, cold calling, networking and client referrals.
- Accurately maintain and manage prospective, new and renewal business within the agency's relationship management system.
- Respond to prospect/client with a quote for business solicited within 24 hours of application. If unable to meet this deadline, refer client to another insurance specialist in a timely manner.
- Bring prospective business clients to closure; utilizing a consultative sales approach by providing rate quotes and coverage information that helps prospective clients live safer more secure lives.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service, including responses to specific inquiries regarding insurance eligibility, coverage's, policy changes, transfers, claims, and billing.
- Learn and apply product, industry and market knowledge to make professional recommendations to prospects and policyholders.
What you will need to succeed:
- Must possess a high level of organizational ability.
- Ability to travel to various UHCU branches and networking events.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize company-approved software and business systems application.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and possess a desire for success and willingness to learn.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data and insurance policies.
- Must possess effective networking and relationship skills.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and enhance relationships across diverse groups of people.
- Strong technical capabilities and an understanding of Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to set high standards for quality work; completes assignments with minimal error.
- Bachelor's degree in Business from an accredited university or other related field is preferred but may be substituted by extensive related experience as approved by management.
- Valid driver license and vehicle is required.
- 1 year experience in Property and Casualty and/or Life and Health insurance sales preferred.
- 1 year sales experience in a financial institution or independent agency preferred.
- 1 year experience with customer relationship management systems preferred.
- 1 year customer service experience preferred.
- Prior experience as an insurance agent or with insurance product sales preferred.
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
UHCU has been in the community for over 60 years, providing superior, personalized service to our members. Founded in 1957, we are an Austin-based credit union with over $1 Billion in assets, 12 branches located throughout Austin and Tyler, Texas, and approximately 210 employees. Our team members voted us as one of the Austin-American Statesman's Top Workplaces for six consecutive years. UHCU goes above and beyond to cultivate a culture of integrity and innovation. Being part of our credit union means being part of our community.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401(k) options (Pre-Tax and/or Roth)
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education Reimbursement Program
Important Note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at UHCU may include phone interviews, as well as 1st & 2nd round interviews. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates whom we identify as a potential fit.We will be sure to contact you if that is the case!0