The Revenue Cycle's Insurance Specialist’s primary responsibility is to work and resolve unpaid and denied claims. This position also provides customer service, updates account demographic and insurance information, and works credit balance reports.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pm.
- Reviews all claims in Accounts Receivable in their work-log. Takes necessary action to resolve encounters in a timely manner, ensuring accurate payment for services provided.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of third party requirements for claim adjudication.
- Advises manager of any payer changes or trends in claims processing, denials or payments.
- Exercises good judgment in working accounts.
- Utilizes all resources available, including electronic inquiries to verify eligibility, benefits, status of claims and for claim reconsiderations.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills when responding to incoming calls in a most courteous manner providing clear and appropriate information as needed.
- Works correspondence daily.
- Updates demographic and financial information in practice management system as needed.
- Documents all activity on account in a clear, accurate and consistent manner.
- Works credit balance report timely, submitting requests for refunds or adjusting account as appropriate.
- Demonstrates the ability to reconcile payments and contractuals when reviewing accounts in order to ensure the accuracy of the account balance.
- Attends BIDPO insurance seminars/orientation.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings.
- Adheres to HIPAA privacy and confidentiality regulations and guidelines.
- Submits required productivity reports, which should reflect accurately the work performed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in medical billing is essential
- CPT/ICD-10 a plus but not required
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Outstanding customer service
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task independently and with little supervision
- Excellent time management skills
Joslin values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage diversity applicants.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
- Subsidized Commuting
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Gym Memberships
- Employee Referral Program
- Military Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement