The Revenue Cycle's Insurance Specialist’s primary responsibility is to work and resolve unpaid claims.
This position also provides customer service, updates account demographic and insurance information, and works credit balance reports.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pm.
- Reviews all claims in Accounts Receivable for the insurance categories assigned to specialist’s responsibility. Takes necessary action to resolve vouchers in a timely manner, ensuring accurate payment for services provided.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of third party requirements for payers of the insurance categories insurance specialist is responsible for.
- Advises supervisor of any payer changes or trends in claims processing, denials or payments.
- Exercises good judgment in working accounts.
- Utilizes all resources available, including electronic inquires to verify eligibility, benefits and status of claims.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills when responding to incoming calls in a most courteous manner providing clear and appropriate information as needed.
- Works correspondence daily.
- Updates demographic and financial information in computer system as needed.
- Documents all activity on account in a clear, accurate and consistent manner.
- Works credit balance report on a weekly basis, submitting requests for refunds or adjusting account as appropriate.
- Demonstrates the ability to reconcile payments and contractuals when reviewing accounts in order to ensure the accuracy of the account balance.
- Attends BIDPO insurance seminars/orientation.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings.
- Adheres to HIPAA privacy and confidentiality regulations and guidelines.
- Submits required productivity reports which should reflect accurately work performed.
- High School Diploma Required
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in medical billing is essential
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Outstanding customer service and very good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task independently and with little supervision
- Bilingual a plus
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Employee Referral Program
- Gym Memberships
- Subsidized Commuting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Events
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid sick days
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Vacation/paid time off
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development