At Alliance Radiology, our team members focus on transforming the patient experience and delivering exceptional quality care. Alliance Radiology has rapidly grown over the past 30 years by providing radiology service line solutions, outpatient center management services, and mobile radiology solutions (Per Diem, PT, and FT MRI, PET/CT, CT).
The Insurance Verification Coordinator I obtains all pertinent insurance benefit information and/or pre-certification information for patients scheduled to receive services at an Imaging site, center or facility. Records all benefit and certification information into the applicable computer system and communicates with scheduling in accordance to documented work processes. Coordinates coverage restrictions to prevent payment problems. May assist in training new hire staff. Ensures every customer receives the highest level of customer service.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring insurance companies are contacted to complete the verification process through phone calls and/or web based sites. Prioritizes workload to ensure deadlines are met. Acts as a source of reference for other team members.
- Documents the insurance and authorization verification information in the applicable computer system in accordance with documented work processes. Ensures any coverage restrictions are documented and addressed to avoid payment problems.
- Ensures authorizations /pre-certifications issued are correct.
- Provides support for the scheduling and pre-registration departments as needed.
- Completes any additional job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in medical or related field required.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, knowledge of health insurance industry practices and/or medical billing procedures.
- Experience with medical scheduling/billing systems preferred.
- Computer literacy required.
A division of Alliance HealthCare Services, we are an equal opportunity employer and we believe in strength through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, status as a protected veteran, or disability.