The Insurance Verification/PenPay Specialist is responsible for obtaining patient demographics and verifying patient insurance coverage in an accurate and timely manner. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Billing Office practices, policies, and procedures.
- Handles all activities related to obtaining patient demographics from transferring/receiving facilities.
- Verifies Insurance/Eligibility on all patients through the use of online portals and making phone calls.
- Contacts customer directly when necessary to obtain additional insurance information.
- Contacts Clinical and Flight Crew when necessary to obtain additional insurance information.
- Work with patients on coordination of benefits issues between primary and secondary insurance carriers
- Updates patient account with corrected insurance information
- Communicates important insurance data and updates to appropriate staff
- Meets daily and monthly departmental production goals set forth by the Supervisor to ensure that the company is achieving its financial goals.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience in a medical billing office is preferred but not required.
- High School education, prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience.
Successful candidate will be able to work independently and in a fast paced team environment, have the experience to operate multiple computer applications, have experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and perform at a high quality in a high volume setting.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIRMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Talk/hear – must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
- Adequate concentration/Memory skills
- Ability to comprehend and understand information
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Meet project deadlines
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply good judgment
- Decision making
- Ability to take direction
Guardian Flight is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.