The Insurance Verifier obtains insurance benefits, eligibility, authorization numbers, and obtains the patients financial responsibility through the Price estimator functionality in Epic. The insurance verifier pre-registers patients compiling accurate demographic, insurance and employer information. The verifier assists in reviewing accounts in the workqueues and assists with training new staff. The verifier is knowledgeable of the hospital�s insurance contracts. The verifier promotes a positive team environment and maintains effective working relationships with all customers which includes co-workers, clinicians, patients, and others.
- 2 or more years of experience in Admitting, insurance verification, or business office
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in both written and verbal form.
- General knowledge of insurance payors: PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, & Caloptima
- Bi-lingual (English, Spanish, or Vietnamese) preferred
- Positive work ethic
- General computer skills required including: electronic medical record and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- High school graduate preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred