The Intake Coordinator is responsible for assessment, referral and admission activities. The Intake Coordinator ensures prompt response to patient and referral needs, provides clinical assessment and assures appropriateness of risk assessment, crisis interventions and referrals to the appropriate level of care. The Intake Coordinator promotes patient care consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital.
The Intake Coordinator duties include:
- obtaining required admit paperwork and ensuring timely and accurate entry of patient demographic data and changes.
- Coordinates and plans the daily operation for all pre-admission activities.
- Coordinates admission with other departments by collecting and distributing the appropriate information.
- Identifies information needed from the referring hospital to finalize the admission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to project a professional image
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements and hospital policies and procedures
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional and ethical standards of practice in job situations
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility to meet the needs of all patients
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions (order entry, data entry)
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Master’s degree in Counseling or Psychology, or a Registered Nurse who is currently licensed to practice, in good standing, by the state of employment is required
- Previous experience in a Psychiatric health care facility or working with geriatric patients preferred
- Knowledge of hospital admissions functions, crisis intervention and risk assessment, psychiatric diagnoses symptomatology, basic chemical dependency, age specific growth and development and crisis and behavior management preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current, in good standing, by the state of employment as LPC, LMSW, LCSW, PH.D, Psy.D or RN
- CPR certification and de-escalation training required prior to any patient contact and must be maintained throughout employment
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Vacation/paid time off
- On Site Cafeteria
- Military Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Subsidized Commuting
- Flexible Schedules
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Free Food and Coffee
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance