POSITION: Intake Specialist (Full-Time Position)
CLOSING DATE: Position Immediately Available and Closed When Filled
LOCATION: Lubbock, Texas
DESCRIPTION: Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas (LANWT) is a non-profit law firm that provides free civil legal aid to the low-income communities of North and West Texas. LANWT is seeking a professional, experienced and articulate individual with excellent communication, and interpersonal skills for an intake specialist position.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Managing Attorney for the Lubbock office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The intake specialist provides support for the entire office through effective communication with both staff and our clients. The intake specialist needs to have a passion to work at a non-profit organization that provides a wide variety of broad-based legal services to low-income and disadvantaged clients. Other responsibilities include:
- Efficiently and courteously refer calls to proper staff members and provide information on community resources and other direct service providers.
- Greet visitors, determine their needs, and direct them to appropriate offices or personnel.
- Provide full range of detailed information related to legal services provided by all LANWT offices in an efficient, detailed, and courteous manner.
- Maintain a phone log, visitor log, and intake schedule as required.
- Conduct intake by answering and returning applicant and client calls; conducting initial client screening and eligibility determination, including distinguishing emergency legal matters from non-emergency legal matters, and referring clients who are ineligible for LANWT service to other resources or providers.
- Creating paper and electronic client files in the electronic case management system, maintaining accurate electronic records for all client files, including, but not limited to, entering case notes, correspondence, scanning documents, filing and calendaring events.
- Daily mailing of all office correspondence.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism regarding client matters.
- Adhere to program policies and procedures, including internal policies, as may be established.
- Maintain professionalism toward clients, visitors and other employees.
- Other duties which may from time-to-time be assigned by the Managing Attorney, Deputy Director or Chief Executive Officer.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Fluent in Spanish – both verbal and written is preferred.
- General knowledge and/or experienced in law office practices preferred.
- 2+ years working in customer service and/or the legal field.
- Ability to communicate in a profession and courteous manner with a diverse population, including office personnel, applicants/clients, vendors, and other professional contacts.
- Candidate must be detail oriented, efficient, organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills with use of Microsoft products preferred.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all duties.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Ability to engage in occasional work-related travel.
SALARY: Current entry-level salary is $24,000 per year. The salary for the successful applicant may be significantly higher, based on applicant’s years of experience.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits package that includes paid vacation and holidays; a retirement plan; health, dental, and life insurance.
Please submit a cover letter expressing interest, a resume, and three professional references during the application process.
LEGAL AID OF NORTHWEST TEXAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY