Reports To: Unit Director/Clinical Supervisor
Training: QPRT, Annual, Safety, six (6) hours in discipline, Heart Saver First Aid CPR/AED (HSFAC), CPI, CBT-SP
Career Development: Therapist-Integrated Care® Asst. Director ® Director
Position Summary: This position is a co-located, collaborative member of the primary care clinic's health care team who assists the primary care provider (PCP) in managing the overall health of their enrolled population. The position's goals are to help improve recognition, treatment, and management of psychosocial/behavioral problems and conditions. This position is responsible for facilitating the effective integration of behavioral health into the primary care team. The Therapist will work with primary care physicians and their medical staff to ensure integrated services are implemented at a high level; work with the team to ensure a smooth operational workflow; and use quality improvement methodology to help implement team based integrated care. This position will also provide direct clinical service to clients; provide clinical supervision to interns and staff; and participate in peer review. Based on their assessment of client needs, and in consultation with the PCP staff, the Therapist triages referred clients. Based on this assessment, the position may provide brief interventions designed to activate the client to more fully participate in their care; provide planned short-term, solution-focused psychotherapy; or refer clients to a behavioral health specialist for longer term behavioral health care. The Therapist-Integrated Care provides individual, family, group, addictions and other behavioral health interventions to clients and their families according to their professional scope of services. An additional distinguishing feature of the role is to intervene with client problems even when they are sub-syndromal, in hopes of averting progression to full diagnostic symptomatology. This position completes assigned screenings for all identified clients and follows protocols based on the results of those screenings. The Therapist-Integrated Care assists PCP staff and clients in identifying and accessing community resources to meet client/family identified needs. Position also provides interventions directed toward the prevention, treatment, or management of physical health problems. The position provides trainings as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with primary care staff to foster the integration of BH and primary care.
* Work with team to ensure smooth operational work flow.
* Communicates with PCP staff on a daily basis.
* Participate in quality improvement activities.
* Be an active participant at team meetings.
* Provide comprehensive bio-psycho-social diagnostic assessment at intake and at any point needed throughout the therapeutic treatment.
* Triage clients based on assessed needs.
* Develop a Treatment Plan in consultation with the client and PCP staff.
* Provide brief interventions.
* Provide psychotherapeutic treatments.
* Provide crisis intervention and management services.
* Provide case management services.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to any age/disability group assigned.
* Assists with case management and interagency coordination of services for clients. Makes appropriate referrals.
* Provides clinical guidance and appropriate interaction with external providers.
* Completes Progress Notes accurately, addressing treatment goals, major clinical issues and changes in mental health status.
* Provides interventions directed toward the prevention, treatment or management of physical health problems
* Provides trainings as assigned.
* Supports care management and primary care integration outcomes as identified.
* Assists in the development of behavioral health component of identified disease specific pathways.
* Orients all assigned primary care physician practices to behavioral health services.
* Proficient in the knowledge and skills described in the core competency curriculum for each assigned age/disability group
* Completes documentation within one (1) calendar day of service delivery
* Bill services the day patient was seen.
* Participate in peer review and QA activities
* Conduct professional practice and behavior according to the policies and procedures of AtlantiCare as well as therapist's professional associations (e.g., National Association of Social Workers, American Psychology Association, American Mental Counseling Association, etc.) Code of Ethics.
Education: Master's Degree in behavioral health
Valid LCSW or LPC license or Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Experience: Two (2) years in behavioral health setting. Must be able to conduct therapy sessions in the language of the population served, if applicable.
Preferred Qualifications: Additional years experience in behavioral health setting. Previous experience working in an integrated primary care/behavioral health team.
Equipment Use: Computer, copier, facsimile
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Date Reviewed: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled