This role is offered as a one-year full-time contract with potential to become permanent.
One day you might be planning media outreach for UNF’s Social Good Summit; another you might be overseeing interactive data-visualizations on climate finance, or putting the finishing touches to a social campaign on gender equality, or mapping out a series of blogposts and videos about the UN’s greatest impacts. As Integrated Communications Lead, you will oversee planning, production, quality, and roll out of all UNF core communications team activities and outputs. You will be a creative innovator, an experienced project manager, a practical perfectionist, and fluent in our issue areas.
A skilled multitasker and people person, you will supervise an in-house team, work closely with internal colleagues including subject matter experts, and collaborate with external vendors and partners to translate strategy and policy priorities into a strategic, creative pipeline of output. You will be equally comfortable working across functions, content types, and channels including our blog, email, social, website, media outreach, events, and printed material; and versatile enough to balance timebound campaigns, single events, and year-long themes.
Reporting to, and deputizing for, the Senior Communications Director, you will play a pivotal role in the team, responsible for substance, creativity, brand integrity, efficiency, and engagement.
- Working closely with the Senior Director and CCO, plan and oversee all aspects of content creation and amplification from start to finish, working across content types and channels, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to deliver distinctive, message-consistent, brand-aligned content in line with UN Foundation and UN priorities.
- Develop integrated communications plans drawing on creation and amplification functions, overseeing execution from start to finish.
- Serve as a bridge between content creation and amplification, ensuring the teams are working seamlessly together to achieve UN Foundation goals and priorities.
- Contribute to communications team planning processes, as well as team best practice and learning sessions.
- Manage staff working on content creation and amplification, their work plans and schedules.
- Manage creative content and channels, including the UN Foundation blog; emails; social media; video; and web pages, as well as running quality assurance checks.
- Source vendors or freelance talent to meet project / production needs, and develop a roster of first-rate, reliable contractors.
- Oversee analytics reports that are developed by the content amplifiers, which drive data-driven decisions based on results.
- Support collaboration across teams—in Public Affairs and across the UN Foundation—to deliver high-quality creative outputs.
- Prepare and present reports on content and creative, as needed.
- Keep up-to-date on content and creative trends and good practice, and offer advice consistent with this knowledge.
- At least 7-9 years’ experience with increasing seniority across communications functions (traditional and digital), with increasing and demonstrable project and team management experience.
- Thorough understanding of digital tools and platforms, including Facebook, Instagram LinkedIn, Twitter, Wordpress, YouTube, and the ability to make high-value recommendations on audiences, channels and tactics.
- Thorough understanding of media relations, communications and speechwriting functions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, to work alone and in teams, proactively and directed.
- Some knowledge of digital measurement and analytics, and proven experience using data to inform communications planning and implementation.
- Keen eye for creative and editorial detail.
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite, or of managing creative functions. Familiarity with UN Foundation and UN issues and priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies, and good judgment, especially in matters of protocol.
- Ability to develop and own relationships with internal and external partners. Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Extended hours may be necessary on evenings and weekends.
- Willing to travel as needed.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.