With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
As a Commercial Data Engineer, you will be a key member of the Global Institutional Sales and Service Commercial leadership team, reporting to the Global Director.
In this role you will assist our clients with all aspects of integration architecture and implement solutions that include API-driven design, messaging patterns, and application development best practices.
We are looking for someone that is an expert problem solver, enjoys thinking “big picture” and values the strategic outcomes of end-to-end thinking.
What you will do:
- Ability to communicate and interact with business partners and collaboratively define solutions to address key opportunities.
- Responsible for the scalability, robustness, and reliability of all solutions within the application area.
- Evaluate, suggest and implement third party software as needed.
- Pro-actively consult industry best practices in software design and integration solutions
- Deploying supporting applications using modern release management technologies
- Lead the development, building, and sustaining of system enhancements and applications using multiple integration technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 7+ years of software development/integration experience
- 5+ Experience working with development of APIs
- 2+ years of experience working with the MuleSoft platform
- 2+ years of experience in Continuous integration and Continuous deployment in API Domain
- 2+ year experience working ETL Solutions
- Experience designing, developing, and testing mission-critical data integration solutions
- Experience developing in an Agile / SCRUM Environment
- Knowledge of Integration Platform Architectures
- Experience with developing applications as part of a cloud-based solution(s)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, SFDC, Informatica, SQL
- Knowledge of REST, JSON, PostgresSQL
- Participate in the design and planning of projects requiring Mule Expression Language
- Strong knowledge of EAI/SOA best practices, development methodologies & standards
- Proficiency in web service design using RAML (with JSON/XML) or Swagger/OpenAPI
- Experience with database access protocols such as ODBC, JDBC, SQL
- Good understanding of underlying Mule ESB architecture with experience of server administration and physical deployment (On Cloud, On Premise and Hybrid).
- Experience in source control management
- Experience in Continuous integration and Continuous deployment using Mulesoft and others