Integration Program Director
About the Position:
Join one of the top acquiring firms as an Integration Program Director! We are seeking individuals who are great with people, know technology, have planned and delivered successful integration programs in the past, and love to travel.
Reporting to the Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions Integrations, you will work closely with our acquisition candidate companies, developing systems integration plans that allows them to connect into all of the people, process and technology that we have to offer their business and clients. You will work collaboratively with our IT, Information Security and business teams to architect plans, communicate with all stakeholders on progress and manage any issues and risks against a well-defined playbook. We want to continue to improve - your opinion will be heard as we continue to refine our processes.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Integration Program Director is the key IT and Operations leader for each M&A deal IT integration program. This role interacts with all stakeholder groups associated with each M&A deal, including the acquisition owners, senior leadership, and every business function. Brought into the M&A process immediately following signing of the Letter of Intent, this role collects and reviews available business and technology details about the acquisition, and creates the integration Risk Assessment, recommended onboarding and integration approach and financial model for successful integration of each deal, partnering with the M&A Technology Solution Architect.
Next, s/he coordinates the scheduling of all key technology integration events between the seller, business leadership, and IT. Once integration plans are created, s/he communicates plan and expectations to all stakeholders and IT delivery team.
After deal close, the Integration Program Director is responsible for ensuring the successful execution the plan, coordinating all work-streams associated with the integration playbook. S/he tracks actual progress, identifies sources of variance, resolving issues, and mitigating risks and takes action to correct and keep costs within budget and achieves successful integration.
In addition, the Integration Program Director is responsible for contributing to continuous improvement initiatives, creating a Better, Faster, Easier integration experience for each M&A deal.
- Technology professional with over 2 years of experience with integrating infrastructure,applications and business processes simultaneously
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project-based process and technology delivery roles.
- Minimum 3 years of working in a matrix organization.
- Experience leading work designing and delivering complex people, technology, and process integration programs.
- Agent of change mentality: actively seeks and recognizes opportunities to change processes or behaviors to create more value through integration process improvements, or technology changes.
- Ability to create fact-based financial estimates, and subsequently measure performance against estimate, identify variance, and proactively address issues to keep within budget.
- Great communicator and collaborator. Seeks to understand.
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple integration programs and priorities concurrently. Has experience delivering multiple (6 or more) complex initiatives concurrently.
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time.
- Authorized to work in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Ideal candidate has experience with bringing new acquisitions into a buyer company, familiar with the M&A process steps, due diligence evaluation, estimation and integration execution.
- Insurance, brokerage and/or financial services industry experience, particularly with highly acquisitive M&A Integration activity.
- Experience with infrastructure implementations.
- Experience with automated application data conversions and software delivery lifecycle.
- Consulting experience with client-facing responsibilities.
Role Success Measures:
The Integration Program Director will be measured on how accurately the Integration Program is delivered against initial estimates: approach, budgetary and timeline.
S/he will also be measured on stakeholder satisfaction, specifically did the integration experience meet expectations; including how well s/he collaborated across the matrix environment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178