This is a full-time, permanent position we are placing at CRISP, Maryland's state-wide health information exchange. The successful candidate will lead our integration team, overseeing data feeds int and out of our system.
The Integration Team Lead will oversee the team of Integrations Engineers maintaining over 1,500 interfaces and 800 API connections. The Team Lead will be responsible for defining and implementing processes related to requests, development, implementation, and monitoring of all data interfaces. The Team Lead will work with the team members to ensure the availability of all incoming and outgoing data feeds, improving the quality of data being delivered to internal repositories and customers. The Team Lead will also be involved in planning future infrastructure upgrades and redesigns to accommodate growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with CRISP’s Customers, Outreach (sales) Team, and Integration Engineers to provide CRISP services to new customers, as well as add services to existing customers.
- Lead process improvement initiatives, specific to the integrations team.
- Maintaining operational status of production data feeds and systems to ensure maximum availability to Customers
- Monitoring data flows end to end to ensure that all information accurately reaches its intended downstream destination
- Work with members of other teams to establish processes and standards for integrations
- Troubleshooting of production issues, including assisting owners of dependent systems with troubleshooting
- Development of quality metrics to help drive continuous improvement of responsible systems
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Integrations experience, expertise with HL7 messages required
- Ability to define and implement processes that drive quality and efficiency
- Ability to manage the Software Lifecycle Development Cycle in an organized fashion
- Understanding of API’s and how to enable customer facing services using API’s.
- Understanding of data encryption principles, including VPN and TLS connections
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership or responsibility for responsible systems and their uptime
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree required in computer science or information systems.
- Experience working with Healthcare data
- Integrations experience with knowledge of XML and HL7 message standards
- Expertise with FHIR and SMART on FHIR standards a plus.
- Experience with PostgreSQL databases, Linux operating systems, and support of cloud-based resources