Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
In support of Global Command and Control Systems -- Marine or Joint (GCCS-M or J), the RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Integrator will provide services to United States Air Force (ISAF) C2 Systems Integration projects.
The RHEL Integrator must demonstrate ability to manage existing and near term TCRI systems scope to include the following products and capabilities:
* RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5, 6, 7 and Community Enterprise OS (CentOS)
* RedHat Enterprise Virtualization and Management
* Syslog Monitoring and Maintenance
* Kickstart hardened deployments
* RedHat Package Management Repository Management (RPM createrepo/mrepo)
* Version Control (SVN, GIT)
The RHEL Integrator will demonstrate skills in the following areas to support projects:
* Advanced Scripting (Perl, Python, Bash)
* Virtualization Experience (Provisioning & Management [Platform Agnostic]), Containers, Docker
* Automated deployment
* Strong Documentation Skills
* Participate in the generation of quarterly build process and provide supporting documentation [Trouble Reports (TR), System Version Document (SVD), and Load Plan/Installation Procedures (IP)]. This process includes the installation of GOTS and COTS, troubleshooting, and extensive information systems security analysis and the controls implemented to secure a system.
* Strong Troubleshooting skills
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
[*MON *CB #LI-NK1]
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to write technical documentation
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Functional knowledge of Windows based clients and servers
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Linux Security Hardening (DISA STIGS and Nessus Scanning)
* Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) debugging and policy development
* RAID Storage Principals
* BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or BSIT
* Certifications Requirements: Security +, Linux+, RHSA or RHCE OR must be able to obtain Security + and operating systems certificates within six (6) months of start date
* Must be able to travel occasionally (20% year avg.) in support of systems fielding at U.S. military installations; mostly within US
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled