AGCO, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for an Intellectual Property Attorney to join our team in Hesston, KS or Jackson, MN. The Intellectual Property Attorney will report to and support he Director, Intellectual Property, North America (NA) in all aspects of intellectual property including all brands and manufacturing sites in NA with particular emphasis on creating patent rights and general intellectual property counseling to the business. The job holder must maintain ongoing relationship with each engineering department in order to extract potentially patentable IP. The job holder will have regular contact with the engineering departments to include workshops and one-on-one meetings to educate and counsel on various Intellectual Property matters.
What Will You Do?
- Minimizing Infringement Risk of third party Intellectual Property
- Creation of Patent rights
- Ability to draft and prosecute patent applications
- Knowledge of all aspects of IP law and procedure in key jurisdictions including the USA and Europe
- Ability to make decisions regarding the best approach to protect AGCO's interests depending on a given business situation and advise/act accordingly.
- Ensures uninterrupted operation of factories by reducing risk of third party injunctions;
- Minimizes damage to business by asserting proprietary IP rights;
- Assists in protecting corporation brand and intangible asset value;
- Integral to the protection, innovation and stimulation of the technological development of all brands' products.
- BS in Engineering
- JD from ABA accredited law school
- 5+ years' experience as an In-House Patent Attorney or with a law firm handling electrical or mechanical patent drafting.
- Registered Patent Attorney with United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Be able to work in a team environment and provide excellent Intellectual Property guidance.
- Solid business acumen and judgment, attention to detail, and the ability to isolate issues for escalation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for working with all levels of management and staff in a variety of AGCO departments and with third-party vendors and licensees
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects with various clients
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethics, be highly motivated, hard-working, and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to independently draft and negotiate agreements
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and drive projects cross-functionally across departments
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities and the ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities and demanding deadlines when necessary
Only 35 minutes from Wichita, Hesston is a place where industry, recreation, and family's blossom, offering many amenities found in a larger city but in a small town atmosphere. Hesston's appeal goes nationwide; more than a third of the residents hail from outside the Kansas state lines.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
AGCO works tirelessly to help make today's farms more productive and more profitable. As the world of agriculture changes, so do we. Brazenly. We do it for the farmers. For the people working for them. For ourselves. For the future. At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of approximately 3,000 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. We are celebrating our 26th year in business, and pride ourselves on competitive relocation and employee benefit packages. Our collection of brands is a large part of what makes AGCO so unique. Our brands are powerful and modern. They're well-known brands like Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra. They are the ones that the world looks to each and every day.
Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It's time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
AGCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer