This hidden gem is expiring soon - don't miss this opportunity.
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01272929 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Intellectual Property Counsel to support our Military Engines business based in East Hartford, CT.
Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do; this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
As Military Engines Intellectual Property Counsel, you will join Pratt & Whitney's Intellectual Property legal team, providing legal counsel and support across all of Pratt & Whitney's global operations with a particular focus on the needs of our Military Engines business. You will be based in East Hartford, CT and you will report directly to the Vice President, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel for Pratt & Whitney. As Military Engines Intellectual Property Counsel at P&W you will support Pratt & Whitney's growing aerospace business, work closely with peers across Pratt & Whitney legal. You will work as a key member of P&W's integrated business and engineering teams to develop and execute intellectual property strategies and support the business bringing our innovative technology to the field. You will have responsibility for developing and executing intellectual property strategies for key technologies and advocating on behalf of Pratt & Whitney in industry forums. Other responsibilities may include negotiating and structuring supplier deals, IP agreements, M&A work, prosecution management, counseling, dispute resolution and representing the company in disputes involving IP in both administrative and other settings. It is important to emphasize that you will be required to take a visible and important role as a member of Pratt & Whitney's legal team. Your ability to connect and work effectively with engineering and program personnel, win their confidence, and work as an integrated member of a cross-disciplinary team while providing effective legal advice and counsel is critical to succeeding in this position. The person who can be the right fit for this career growth opportunity is a high-energy self-starter seeking a key IP leadership role within a dynamic, complex, fast-paced business. You should be dedicated to working in a team environment and have strong analytical, interpersonal, organization, and written/oral communication skills. Business-focused and detail oriented, and have impeccable ethics and integrity.
* Education / Certifications
Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from an accredited institution and undergraduate degree in engineering or technical field with preference toward Mechanical, Aerospace, or Materials.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from an accredited institution and undergraduate degree in engineering or technical field with preference toward Mechanical, Aerospace, or Materials
- 5 + years of experience as a practicing attorney with preference for IP litigation and transactional experience
- 5 + years of experience providing advice and counsel on FAR/DFAR regulations with respect to intellectual property
- Currently admitted and in good standing with at least one state bar with eligibility for Connecticut Authorized In-House Counsel
- Currently admitted or eligible to take U.S. Patent Office patent bar
- Eligibility for a U.S. Security Clearance
- Preference for previous work experience as engineer or other technical field within Aerospace, Manufacturing, or Industrial industries
- Initiative, creativity, along with the ability to craft clear communications both written and verbally
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Multi-tasking abilities, have a client focus, adaptive, and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment
- Ability to develop effective strategies for developing and managing intellectual property in the context of supplier, customer, and business requirements.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms