Intelligence Reports Officer - Denver, CO (ID# 141)
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services with partners in Information Technology. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
CNSP is looking for an Intelligence Reports Officer to work in a critical role that requires a person with strong technical writing skills. This individual will be assisting senior management in the development of reports, statements, and briefing documents.
He/she must be able to perform research and analysis on data and write reports, adhering to tight time lines and strict quality guidelines, using numerous U.S. Government databases.
This person will be responsible for the analysis and validation of a wide variety of information, which supports several facets of U.S. Government's Intelligence Community (IC) requirements and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read, comprehend, and subsequently condense and simplify complicated documents for digestion by a variety of audiences
- Develop documentation that gets the salient points across in the least amount of words and in a fashion that is understandable by all
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, management, and issue-comprehension skills
- Participate actively in meetings where important issues are being discussed and be able to capture the significant points of the discussion, packaging them in written form for subsequent distribution.
- Adhere to processes and procedures in accordance with the training provided by the agency
- Review investigative reporting received by DEA, provide analysis and identify information that would benefit further dissemination to the Intelligence community
- Retrieve all DEA reports or other information sources and disseminate the same to Reports Writers based on areas assigned. Make changes or corrections as needed
- Ensure that complete copies of the information sources from which the redacted information was obtained are maintained and available for review by DEA.
- Maintain records and produce a monthly Summary of Work performed report that shows the number of hours committed to the information analysis tasking process.
- Provide a quarterly report and briefing to the agency detailing progress and status
- Debrief the agency as well as other law enforcement and intelligence entities working with it on intelligence gathered while reviewing agency Reports of Investigation and other intelligence sources
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminology, Law Enforcement, Intelligence, or a closely related field
- Must have valid US passport
- Military Intelligence experience is strongly desired
- TS/SCI Security Clearance is MANDATORY with SCI eligibility
- Must be able to travel 25% within continental US (CONUS) and/or outside continental US (OCONUS)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills; both oral and written
- Proficient with MS Office Suite with experience in Access, Excel, and Word.
- Working knowledge / experience with intel database systems
- Ability to apply critical thinking and have sound judgement
- Work autonomously with little to no supervision
- Work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office setting, a controlled office environment
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link : Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.