Affiliated Engineers, Inc. (AEI) is a collaborative community of about 750 resourceful, creative professionals who plan, design, and deliver high-performance systems for organizations that improve lives and contribute to a sustainable future in Healthcare, Science & Technology (S&T), Mission Critical, Energy & Utilities (E&U), Commissioning and more.
We have a great opportunity for you to join AEI in a Intelligent Buildings Project Consultant role in our Phoenix Office.
Here is what we have in store for you:
Leads the high-performance design process and provides sustainability expertise to clients and partners broadly. Provides expertise to internal project teams and consistently advocates for high performance excellence on allprojects to project engineers, project managers, market leaders and principals.
- Provides Intelligent Buildings focused thought leadership and act as an external and internal resource on all facets of developing, designing, deploying, and operating Intelligent Buildings environments
- Develops and maintains internal design tools and instruments of service to support Intelligent Buildings consulting and design services
- Develops and maintains educational presentations and training sessions on Intelligent Buildings, and presents to internal and external audiences
- Prepares Intelligent Buildings focused white papers, articles, and project cameos for publication in various print and online industry media
- Acts as Intelligent Buildings primary contact for clients and external and internal project team members
- Develops and maintains positive, productive partnerships with clients and external project team members and long-term partnerships with a variety of end-users: architectural and consulting, contracting, and manufacturing clients and project partners
- Plans, leads, and coordinates Intelligent Buildings consultation and design efforts
- Actively manages internal project teams, project communication, project schedules, and project deliverables
- Consults with clients and project teams to develop client and project specific Intelligent Buildings concepts
- Leads project efforts to develop, design, coordinate, and specify Intelligent Buildings systems and integrations
- Participates in project meetings and leads Intelligent Building focused project meetings
- Prepares Intelligent Buildings project documents, including owner’s project requirements narrative, basis of design narrative, specifications, drawings, meeting agendas and notes, memos, reports, request for information responses and change directions
- Reviews shop drawing submittals, conducts field observations, reviews project closeout submittals
- Leads commissioning of Intelligent Buildings deployments
- Develops and maintains Intelligent Buildings focused marketing and informational materials to support Intelligent Buildings business development efforts
- Develops and tracks leads on Intelligent Buildings consulting and design service opportunities
- Participates in and leads RFQ/RFP response and project interview material development and preparation
- Participates in and leads project interview teams
- Develops fees and proposals for Intelligent Building consulting and design services
What you will need to Succeed:
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, electrical or architectural engineering (or another engineering discipline) from an accredited program.
- Five to Ten years of experience in an intelligent building consulting environment.
- Full grasp of professional practices from project initiation to close out including dispute resolution and other legal concerns.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, including carrying out appropriate follow-through with others, mentoring, delegating work, and giving and receiving constructive feedback. Communicates with clients, project partners, and with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Proficiency with at least one building automation system software and fault detection and diagnostic software.
- Understanding of applicable design codes, design standards and specification requirements, and ability to interpret them.
What sets you apart:
- Professional Engineering license (PE) in one or more states, CEM, RCDD strongly preferred.
- Competencies: Technical knowledge, client focus, professionalism, consultancy, communications, project execution, quality, leadership
- This position requires travel up to 40% of the time to client/prospective client sites and other locations (conferences, etc.).
What AEI brings:
- AEI passionately invests in our employees by providing a collaborative, innovative work environment and the opportunity for personal and professional growth working among the brightest minds in the industry.
- An appreciation for its employees and a culture that reflects that. We promote a flexible work environment, a focus on our communities and the world around us all while providing you with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects.
- An exceptional benefit package as well as a year-end bonus based on company profits, individual responsibility, and performance.
We provide the tools and a support system to ensure a thriving career. If this environment and opportunity to work on world-changing projects aligns with your goals, we would love to meet you.
Come work with us!
To be considered, apply online at https://aeieng.com/about/careers/.
AEI is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled