Intensive Care Managers
Community Health Network of Connecticut, Inc. (CHNCT) is currently seeking qualified Intensive Care Managers.
As an Intensive Care Manager, you will collaborate with CHNCT’s clinical team, provider network, Department of Social Services and the community to create a process of assessment, planning and facilitation to meet the member’s healthcare needs across the continuum of care. You will assist the member by functioning as an advocate for options and services by communicating effectively with other members of the healthcare team and by utilizing the available resources to promote quality cost effective outcomes and member autonomy.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the care plan and modify as necessary.
- Provide education and coordination of outpatient care to CHNCT members selected for Case Management.
- Identify and refer quality of care, coordination of benefits and third party liability issues as appropriate.
- Orient new staff as requested.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Conduct assessments to identify the member’s needs and develop specific care plans to address objectives, barriers and behaviorally specific goals identified during the assessment.
- Maintain knowledge of covered benefits for CT Medicaid, HUSKY Health programs.
Qualified candidates have the following:
- 2 to 4 years post secondary schooling is required.
- Associates; Bachelors preferred.
- Major in Nursing is required.
- 3 to 5 years of clinical experience is required with 2 years of direct clinical patient care experience. Behavioral health experience and knowledge of case management experience are beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills along with the ability to manage continually changing priorities.
- Strong computer and keyboard skills.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment in decision making.
- Managed care case management experience preferred.
- RN license must be current and unrestricted.
- CCM or other URAC approved certification preferred or within 4 years of hire.
- Must hold a valid and unrestricted motor vehicle operator’s license and have reliable transportation.
Interested candidates may apply through our company website at: www.chnct.org
- Click on the Careers tab and then click the Visit the CHNCT Career Center link.
- This will bring you to our Candidate Self Service portal.
- Please follow the instructions on how to register/apply.
- Please note that only applications received through our company website will be considered at this time. CHNCT is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer m/f/d/v and proud of the diversity of our workforce.