Challange the Status Quo and Transform Critical Care
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team - The Hospital
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
Home to Sound Critical Care's flagship Intensivist Program, Northwest Community Hospital is situated in the thriving community of Arlington Heights just 25 miles from downtown Chicago. NCH has been serving this growing suburban community for more than 30 years and employs the latest technology and services to provide the highest level of care to patients and families. NCH is home to several centers of excellence across numerous specialties and recognized as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
- 496-bed, community hospital
- Established team with 5 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 36-bed ICU (medical/surgical)
- 24/7 onsite coverage model
- Schedule: Part-time shifts available with flexible block-shift scheduling
- Access SoundInstitute learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Fellows are encouraged to apply
Northwest Community Hospital has earned numerous awards for their care and dedication to its community. NCH earned Magnet Designation for nursing excellence as well as the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine
- Eligible to work in the United States; not a J1 visa qualified area
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location and Lifestyle
Arlington Heights is a welcoming suburban community with a small-town feel, offering accessibility to Chicago and other major cities. More than 76,000 people call Arlington Heights home with it's excellent educational and recreational opportunities. Enjoy the perks of Chicago living with the space and comfort of a village lifestyle.
- Metras Union Pacific/Northwest Line provides daily rail service to downtown
- Arlington Park Race Track, home of the Arlington Million, a Breeders Cup event