Norton Thoracic Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is in search of a Full Time Intensivist.
This critical care position provides general medical care for the hospitalized patients in the cardiothoracic ICU. Successful candidates will be expected to provide exceptional patient care in a multidisciplinary setting in the cardiothoracic intensive care unit, demonstrate teamwork with midlevel providers and increase academic productivity of the Critical Care Department.
Our ICU have a mix of patients with Lung transplant, thoracic surgery and cardiac patients.
- MD or DO Degree and Board Certification
- Completed ACGME Residency training with current ABMS Board Certification
- Completed ACGME Fellowship training with current (or eligible) ABMS Board Certification in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine or Critical Care Medicine
- Familiarity with management of patients on ECMO
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Must obtain Arizona State medical licensure prior to starting the position
St. Joseph’s Norton Thoracic Institute recently completed its 900th lung transplant. The lung transplant program, which launched in April 2007, cares for approximately 1,000 post-transplant patients and ranks fourth in the nation for overall lung transplant volume. In addition, the program is recognized by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) as the only center within the top-five lung transplant volume hospitals (and in Arizona) to achieve the highest possible quality marks for lung transplants (measured as “survival on the waitlist,” “getting a transplant faster,” and “1-year lung survival”). Congratulations to the lung transplant team and to the many individuals throughout the hospital who support the transplant program.