Join our largest bakery in North America in North Sioux City, SD. The plant is 350k sq. ft. and operates 8 highly automated production lines. At this plant, we produce cookies for multiple customers; including the Girl Scouts, Kroger, Walmart and many others. This facility has two unions, the BCTGM and Teamsters. Nestled between the curves of the Missouri River and the banks of McCook Lake, North Sioux City is at the intersection of commerce, recreation, and small town living with big city attractions.
Benefits of working at Weston Foods;
- Full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State-of-the-art, clean and safe working environment
- Flexibility to your life balance and schedule!
Machine Operators for Mixers, Tray Packers, Wrapper Operators, Depositor Operators, General Helpers. All jobs start as General Help, but can start training as Machine Operator within a few weeks. However, may still be assigned to General Help as needed.
Shift Available: 2nd
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Control and operation of equipment
- Following Integrated Process Management Standards (IPM)
- Administering variety/coding changes
- Staging of product packaging
- General packaging of product
- Other assigned duties, as needed.
- Duties will be highly repetitive in nature and requires regular lifting of up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending and twisting.
- Standing on feet for long hours at a time; shifts up to 12 hours. All hours worked in a day over 8 hours are paid at overtime rates of 1½ times base pay.
- Work requires attention to detail and following detailed instructions accurately.
- Must be available to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good work history with at least one year of previous employment, and at least 5 months of employment at one employer.
- Must be able to pass the drug test, background check and Physical Capacity Profile.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently, stand for long hours (12-hour shifts), grip and reach repeatedly, bend and twist.
- Computer experience in a work or home environment and comfortable learning to use a computer on a manufacturing floor.
- Must be able to work safely in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance at work is essential to success.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing work setting.
- Experience in the food/baking manufacturing industry.
- Previous computer usage in a manufacturing/industrial work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Candidates need to possess the teamwork and personal skills necessary to successfully work in a loud, fast-paced, and rapidly changing manufacturing environment.
Interbake Foods participates in the E-Verify Program.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
- General Packaging starting pay rate is $14.40/hour. Increases to $14.93 after 480 straight time hours are worked.
- Machine Operator jobs progress to top rate of pay once qualified (up to $18.40/hour). Top wage varies by job.
- Shift differential pay of $0.15 for 2nd shift and $0.30 for 3rd shift.
2nd shift - 3pm to 11pm (could be required to work 3pm to 3am/ 11pm to 11am during overtime)