- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Bristol Eastern High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
7/19/19 for internals
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
POSITION TITLE: INTERIM -ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH - BRISTOL EASTERN HIGH SCHOOL (August 19-November 30)
REPORTS TO: BUILDING PRINCIPAL/SUPERVISOR OF ATHLETICS
SUMMARY: To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Enforces criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in this sport and is consistent in establishing criteria for eligibility in competition.
- Adheres to a highly efficient and technically sound program of injury prevention and follow up.
- Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records and similar paperwork.
- Accounts for all equipment or delegates the responsibility.
- Develops a consistent and positive public communications procedure through the school and media to inform the parents and the general public about the athletic program.NOTE: Coaches must meet certification requirements set by the State of Connecticut.
Coaching Certificate Required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet the expectations listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPECTATIONS: Staff assigned to these positions is expected to perform their duties with the following expectations in mind:
- All supervisory responsibilities must be fulfilled. In particular, students must be supervised at all times.
- Ability to read, interpret directions, write reports and communicate effectively with students, parents and other staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and perform any math functions associated with the position and provides budget input when requested.
- Ability to apply common sense and deal with problems in a practical and reasonable manner.
- Ability to apply basic computer knowledge to the activity at hand.
- Ability to perform duties with all district and Board of Education guidelines and policies in mind.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the activity.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position that may vary widely depending on the activity.
SALARY: Appropriate placement on the negotiated teachers A-2 schedule.
APPLICATION: Internal applicants can fill out an internal application or send a letter of interest. All others fill out an online application at www.applitrack.com/bristol/onlineapp. Apply on or before 4 p.m. on July 19, 2019 to:
Chris Cassin, Supervisor of Athletics & Physical Education
P.O. Box 450
Bristol, CT 06011-0450